THE 2013 GHASTLY AWARD WINNERS

(Editor's Note: Back in January 2014, I listed the Ghastly Award nominees and named my personal picks to win. It's time to announce the actual winners and to compare with my picks to see how well I did with my predictions. Results = 8 out of 13 total.) The Ghastly Award Judges chose the nominees from the books submitted by Comics Creators and Publishers throughout 2013. Winners were chosen by the Judges, Comic Book Creators and the Fans. The Ghastly Judicial Panel congratulates all 2013 Winners and Nominees. It is an honor to be recognized by fellow professionals for such outstanding work in horror comics. THE 2013 WINNERS ARE: BEST ONGOING TITLE: Afterlife with Archie (Archie Comics) - - - my pick also BEST MINI-SERIES: Locke & Key: Omega (IDW Publishing) - - - my pick also BEST ONE-SHOT: Edgar Allan Poe: The Raven & The Red Death (Dark Horse) BEST NEW SERIES (Fan Voting Decided the Winner): Afterlife with Archie (Archie Comics)- - - my pick also BEST ANTHOLOGY: Bloke's Terrible Tomb of Terror (Independent) BEST ORIGINAL GRAPHIC NOVEL: Hellboy: The Midnight Circus (Dark Horse) BEST ARCHIVAL COLLECTION: Steve Ditko Monsters VOl 1: Gorgo (IDW Publishing) - - - my pick also BEST WRITER: Joe Hill (Locke & Key: Omega) - - - my pick also BEST ARTIST: Richard Corben (Edgar Allan Poe's The Raven & the Red Death) - - - my pick also BEST INKER: Terry Moore (Rachel Rising) - - - my pick also BEST LETTERER: Clem Robins (B.P.R.D., Baltimore, Hellboy in Hell, The Strain) - - - my pick also BEST COLORIST: Francesco Francavilla (Afterlife with Archie) BEST WEB COMIC: The Last Halloween (www.last-halloween.com) HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES: Gene Colan + Archie Goodwin Named for acclaimed comics cdeator "Ghastly" Graham Ingels, the Awards are in their fourth year. Created to honor excellence in Horror Comics, Comic Creators and Publishers can submit their books for nomination consideration throughout the calendar year. The top five nominees in each category will be chosen by the judges, and will then be voted on by the Judges, Creators and Fans to decide the winners. The submission process in now open for the 2014 awards! For more informaion on the Ghastly Awards, or to submit your horror comics for the 2014 year, please go to www.ghastlyawards.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robert Kirkman: Invincible, Walking Dead, Wolf-Man

more random readings from May 2009

Best descriptive 2013 title: Vampire Vixens of the Wehrmacht