EDITOR’S NOTES: IDW has been in the news quite a bit lately, as things gear up to make 2017 a potentially big year for them. We’ve been fortunate to receive the announcements via various press releases and share them with you here. Now, we bring you the latest news on IDW fresh from the convention floor at WonderCon in San Diego, which just wrapped up . .
- News that IDW would become the first comics publisher to have a comics app on the XBOX was made public. Download the app now and get ten graphic novels free for trying it out.
- A new trailer for the hit Syfy series Wynonna Earp dropped over the weekend and it was also recently announced that Season Two will begin airing on June 9. The entire first season is now available to stream on Netflix.
- The Infinite Loop is set to return from the creative team of Pierrick Colinet and Elsa Charretier revealing the first piece of art from the new arc, “Nothing But The Truth,” an interview with the creative team about the next chapter in their story, and some new character designs from Daniele DiNicuolo.
- The upcoming Rom Vs Transformers: Shining Armor series announced at the show will be hitting in July from the writing team of John Barber (Optimus Prime) and Christos Gage (Rom) with art from Alex Milne (Transformers: More Than Meets The Eye).
- During IDW's Archival Artbook Panel, several upcoming archival collections were spotlighted, including an authorized two-book set celebrating the 50th anniversary of Steve Ditko's Mr. A.; a 25th anniversary IDW Limited Artist’s Select collection of Michael Allred’s Madman; and a second round of Marvel Artist’s Select editions, including John Byrne’s Fantastic Four, Rob Liefeld’s Deadpool, Bob Layton’s Iron Man, and Bill Sienkiewicz’s Moon Knight. On the Artist’s Edition front, IDW announced P. Craig Russell’s Strange Dreams and a collection of Bernie Wrightson’s DC work.
- The just announced R. Crumb book 'R. Crumb: From the Underground to GENESIS' will take the recent Crumb retrospective exhibit from Paris's Modern Art Museum and present it in this upcoming book.
It was also revealed that July is Tom Whalen Covers Month which will see the artist create cover art of iconic characters using his distinctive pop art style.