They Said it Better: Action Comics #900

Sorry posting on my part has been light lately. I have a stack of hardcovers to write about, but I'm still catching up from being out of town for a few days. Thanks, as always, to Mike for picking up the slack.

In the meantime, please enjoy this well-written review of Superman's triumphant return to Action Comics in #900. It's the culmination to Paul Cornell's Lex Luthor story and, in a way, it turns out that story was about Superman all along. I recommend the issue even to people who haven't been following the book since "New Krypton". (Though you should be, and the first hardcover is available now.) The Doomsday stuff is a bit of a distraction, but I look forward to Cornell's next move because he seems to get Superman perfectly. I have mixed feelings about the other stories in the book, which I'll let the reviewer get into below, but Geoff Johns' brief Legion story was a delight.

Matthew Meylikhov reviews Action Comics #900 for Multiversity Comics

More thoughts on Superman and Action Comics #900

Edited 5/1 to add: Of course, I wrote this before the citizenship thing blew up all over the place. Shame on the media and politicians for making a big deal out of this in what was not a slow news week, especially for people in the southern U.S.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After numerous false starts LOGAN'S RUN movie remake is announced

Classics Review of The Demon: Hell's Hitman

Meeting writer Lance Parkin . . . . .