PREVIEWS: What’s new for Wednesday, December 21, 2011

BALTIMORE VOLUME 1: THE PLAGUE SHIPS trade paperback - - - If you haven’t encountered Mignola’s latest creation - - the vampire and monster slayer Sir Lord Baltimore  - -- then you are in for a treat. If you enjoy tales of a horrific nature you just can’t go wrong with his HELLBOY, B.P.R..D., etc. and now BALTIMORE.

BATMAN #4 - - - Scott Snyder has opened his run on BATMAN with an intriguing tale involving a secret society/cult of Owls with their claws into every aspect of modern Gotham - - and the threads run back all the way to Bruce Wayne’s grandfather’s time.   The art is just killer.

BATMAN INC:  THE LEVIATHIAN STRIKES one shot.  I enjoyed Grant Morrison’s globe trotting BATMAN, INC. and look forward to reading this.

BUZZBOY: SIDEKICKS RULE trade paperback:  John Gallagher’s indie creation gets better distribution (thanks to some Kickstarter funding).  Good for all ages.

DAREDEVIL #7:  Mark Waid has made this book interesting again - - and one of the few Marvel titles that I still care to follow.

DARK HORSE PRESENTS #7: The best anthology of continuing short series for the money.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #4:  I’m still not sold on this title, but I’m moving beyond my initial 3-issue trial based on sheer optimism.  Time will tell if this becomes a monthly must-have.

MEMORIAL #1 of 6:  A new original fantasy world from the mind of prolific writer Chris Roberson.  I saw a short preview of this that made me curious and wanting to see more.

PLANET OF THE APES #9:  A new story arc begins here, which makes this a good place to find out what everybody is so excited about.  Actually, you can pick up any single issue of this title and get a good read, provided you are at least familiar with the basic premise of PLANET OF THE APES.

T.H.U.N.D.E.R. AGENTS Vol 2 #2 of 6:  This mini-series had a great start with issue #1.  Trust writer Nick Spencer to keep things interesting and surprising.

WONDER WOMAN #4:  I’m in for a long haul on this title.  For the first time ever, I am very interesting in the adventures of WONDER WOMAN.  More to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After numerous false starts LOGAN'S RUN movie remake is announced

Classics Review of The Demon: Hell's Hitman

Meeting writer Lance Parkin . . . . .