PREVIEWS: What’s new for Wednesday, August 03, 2011

 

What’s new for me is some difficulty finding time to write about all the great books I’ve read lately.  Between family issues (moving my mother to a care center and vacating her apartment) and work demands (big projects with approaching deadlines)  I haven’t had much leisure time.  Yet, I continue to keep looking out for worthwhile books, and have this list of suggested items for the week . . . . . . . . . .

CALIGULA #3  (Avatar)  - - David Lapham takes on the dark side of Roman life.

ELRIC: THE BALANCE LOST #2  (Boom) - -  Chris Roberson’s version of Michael Moorcock’s Multiverse is dynamite!

FLASHPOINT #4  (DC)  – seems like an Elseworlds story and not real/maybe not serious, but still enjoying this very much.

FLASHPOINT – BATMAN:KNIGHT OF VENGEANCE #3 (DC ) - - the best of a very good crop of spin-off mini-series.  Full of surprises. 

IRON MAN 2.0 #7.1 (Marvel) – I like what Nick Spencer has done with James Rhodes and company.

RED SKULL #2  (Marvel) – the early days before Red Skull. Learn why he became so dog-gone mean!

  ROGER LANGRIDGE SNARKED #0 (Boom) - - missed his Mighty Thor stories, but I won’t miss this series allegedly based on characters from OZ.

SUPERBOY #10  (DC) – Jeff Lemire is wrapping up his run on this title to make way for the NEW 52 version of Superboy. I’m really going to miss this series.

Comments

  1. My mistake - - SNARKED is based on Alice In Wonderland and Lewis Carroll's fantasy world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Robert Kirkman: Invincible, Walking Dead, Wolf-Man

more random readings from May 2009

Best descriptive 2013 title: Vampire Vixens of the Wehrmacht